Subject: Hardware RAID Wrong Size
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org, port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: the carlos <speed_daemon@the-carlos.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/11/2007 23:00:01
Hi again,

I have a 3ware 9550SX-8-LP (twa) and in netbsd 3.1 or 4.0beta amd64,
the 3ware setup correctly detects the size of the raid array (around
2TB) in dmesg, but disklabel reports the number of sectors as being
far less (and doesn't let me correct the label with the dmesg
number).  I end up with a ~30GB (albeit oddly functional) array!  The
dmesg sector count is apparently slightly off, but disklabel rejected
the corrected number (4374836865) as well.  Attached I have what
disklabel -e gives me, and the obligatory dmesg.  I also have dmesg
output from 3.1, but since I already attached it to my other post,
"SATA Controllers Conflict," I figured I'd be frugal.

Thanks for the help!

<<carlos>>
<<nvllvmmagnvmingenivmsinemixtvradementiae>>