Subject: SATA Controllers Conflict
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org, port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: the carlos <speed_daemon@the-carlos.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/11/2007 22:56:57
Greetings all.  Long-time reader, first time poster.

I can't seem to get my Silicon Image SI-3114 sata controller
(satalink driver) to play nicely with the 3ware 9550SX-8-LP (twa) in
netbsd 3.1 amd64.  If I disable one or the other in the BIOS, the
lone device works fine*.  Everything works* in 3.0 (presumably
because there is no twa driver) and the 4.0beta LiveCD.  If both are
enabled under 3.1, I get a "fatal protection fault in supervisor
mode" hang, and the system reboots.

My motherboard is a Tyan Thunder K8S-D Pro (S2882-D).

with the recently patched 3.1 GENERIC kernel, I have a few moments to
capture dmesg, etc. before the following comes up.
with the recently patched 3.1 GENERIC.MP kernel, the following comes
up instantly, then reboots.

fatal protection fault in supervisor mode
trap type 4 code 38b rip ffffffff8043e01b cs 8 rflags 10206 cr2
52f000 cpl 7 rs
p ffff800046cabe00
panic: trap
syncing disks... satalink0:1:0: lost interrupt
	type: ata tc_bcount: 16384 tc_skip: 0

Attached is the dmesg output for the GENERIC kernel.  Any help would
be appreciated!

<<carlos>>
<<nvllvmmagnvmingenivmsinemixtvradementiae>>

*Please see my other post, "Hardware RAID Wrong Size"...