Subject: Re: How to edit fstab when in single user?
To: Thrashbarg <thrashbarg@kaput.homeunix.org>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/06/2007 16:31:37
On Wed 03 Jan 2007 at 19:36:46 +1030, Thrashbarg wrote:
> mount -uw /
> Should remount / as read-write.

I don't think that is necessary (though maybe it wants /var read-write?
I'm not sure.)

What I usually do is to use ed(1) for the not-so-complex stuff. Adding a
# to the start of a line is simply s/^/#/  once you're on the correct
line, and then a w and a q command. Remember that ed(1) doesn't give
prompts so if nothing seems to happen, this is normal.

If I really want vi(1), I mount /usr read-only (that's usually best in
emergency situations), because it wants the termcap files related to the
TERM= setting (others explained about that already).

> Alexis.
-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.