Subject: Re: Upgrading NetBSD Userland
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Lee <bob@bobleeit.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/05/2007 09:28:32
Steve,
I'll jump in as I've done this a number of times -- with reasonable
success. I usually start with a stable release of the OS. say version
3, and then grab the current source and upgrade it according to some
instructions that I ran across on ONLamp.com. The only caveat that I
remember in following those directions is that the kernel is actually
in a subdirectory of the complile location called obj -- other than
that the instruction have worked for me as recent as a couple of days
ago updating an already 'current' system.

Of course, you can always have the bad luck of grabbing current
source at an incomplete time, but waiting a bit and re-running the cvs
update will fix that. Here's the ONLamp link:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2003/04/10/Big_Scary_Daemons.html

Hope this helps.

Bob Lee

--