Subject: Syncing Treo/Palm over Bluetooth?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brian de Alwis <bsd@cs.ubc.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/03/2007 13:50:04
Out of curiosity, I've started poking at the bluetooth stuff to
see about (1) syncing my Treo via bluetooth, and (2) surfing the
web from my Treo through a net connection via bluetooth.  I wondered
if anybody had done anything similar yet and had any pointers.

From my investigation so far, it looks like I'll need to port
something like FreeBSD's rfcomm_pppd, to sit and wait for connections.
Unless I've missed something in our rfcomm_sppd.

The Palm systems apparently don't support SDP browing, according
to <http://www.oook.cz/bsd/bluetooth.html>.

Brian.

--
  Brian de Alwis | Software Practices Lab | UBC | http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~bsd/
      "Amusement to an observing mind is study." - Benjamin Disraeli