Subject: Re: GVim and UTF-8 Cyrillic
To: Pavel Cahyna <pavel@netbsd.org>
From: Stefan 'Kaishakunin' Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/27/2006 16:14:55
--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

Also sprach Pavel Cahyna (pavel@netbsd.org)
> On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 01:30:53PM +0100, Stefan 'Kaishakunin' Schumacher=
 wrote:
> > I'm writing some LaTeX documents whith mixed German and Russian,
> > therefor I use UTF-8 encoding.=20
> >=20
> > Everything works fine, except the fact that Gvim isn't displaying the
> > russian parts correct. All I see are strange characters instead of
> > cyrillic.=20
> >=20
> > After googeling I only found hints to set the locale, but this seems
> > to work on Linux only. So how can I configure Gvim to show the
> > cyrillic characters?
>=20
> What toolkit does you GVim use? It can be compiled to use Xaw or GTK2, at
> least.

It's vim with GTK, (VIM - Vi IMproved 6.4 Normal version with GTK GUI)

> I tried Cyrillic in the GTK2 version and it works for me with
> LC_CTYPE=3D"cs_CZ.UTF-8", but not with non-UTF-8 locale.

I once had GTK2-gvim, but the menus sucked. However, I will try GTK2
if that has a chance to work.

--=20
Pedites pugnas decernent    http://www.jaegerseiten.de    Horrido!

http://www.net-tex.de                                 http://www.cryptomanc=