Subject: Re: Dual monitor support through dongle
To: Alex <schatziegill@comcast.net>
From: Brian Grayson <bgrayson@austin.rr.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/25/2006 21:26:08
  I would _guess_ that it would work, although I don't know
the details about ATI 9800.  I believe we have similar cards at
work (not there right now!), and a bunch of us have two monitors
connected, using Linux with no fancy driver magic.  Some ATI docs
say that the 9800 has two display controllers, so obviously it's
possible to provide two different outputs....

  BTW, I've been using a single Matrox card that has dual outputs
for a few years now, with no hacking on X -- multihead doesn't
necessarily require two cards, now that manufacturers are willing to
provide multiple outputs on a single card.

  Good luck!  I love having 3840x1200 desktops!

  Brian