Subject: USB Realtek 8187?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/19/2006 11:48:55
I've just been given a laptop by our OEM supplier, but the wireless is an
internal USB-linked device and is not supported by -current. It's a
Realtek (0x0dba) RTL8187 (0x8187). Looking at Realtek's Linux driver
(which has the interesting comment "some ideas might be derived from David
Young rtl8180 netbsd driver." led me to suspect that rtw(4) might be the
right driver. However, this currently only has pci and cardbus attachment
code at present (and the man page suggests that while most PCI devices
will attached most are not able to transmit).

Is it worth writing the attachment code? Anyone with any free time? :-)

--
Stephen