Subject: Re: Buffalo Linkstation supported?
To: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/16/2006 06:48:02
On 12/15/06, Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Stephen Borrill wrote:
>
> > Has anyone tried running NetBSD on a Buffalo Linkstation [1]. It normally
> > runs Linux, but there are references to installing your own Linux distro [2].
> [snip]
> >
> > [1]
> > http://www.buffalotech.com/products/product-detail.php?productid=71&categoryid=10
> >
> > [2]
> > http://fieldnetworks.com/slim/linkstation.html
>
> Scratch that link. This is better:
>
> http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

Wow, cool. Looks like the later ones are mipsel? I've already got a
Cobale Qube2 so I can build pkgsrc stuff on that thing... I've been
wanting to use the Qube for some kind of a storage device but it's got
some throughput issues with NetBSD so I haven't done it. This
Linkstation might just be the ticket...

Any other viable network storage devices like this for NetBSD that
anyone is aware of?

Andy