Subject: Re: status problemreport
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/11/2006 17:33:08
Huub wrote:
> At Sept. 28th, I filed a problem report on Blender for NetBSD/amd64. It
> was assigned nr 34650. So far nothing has changed and I haven't had any
> feedback or message since. New pkgsrc updates still fail to build
> correctly with the same error. Can somebody tell me what's wrong?

It would have been more appropriate to ask on pkgsrc-users at NetBSD.org.
Anyway, the PR shows "MemoryError" at the end. Are you sure, it simply didn't
ran out of memory? Even with enough RAM and swap you might have to increase
or simpler unlimit some memory limits for larger builds. Assuming you're
using pkgsrc as root, running

 # ulimit -d unlimited; ulimit -m unlimited; ulimit -s unlimited

before "make" might help.

--
Christian