Subject: Getting Gnome up quickly after initial install
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Trey Sizemore <trey@fastmail.fm>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/10/2006 10:55:38
--Sig_f3p+2+HwG4biFjsjhum2lZu

Hi all-

I goofed my initial install up and am doing a second install.  The
first time through I used the gnome meta-package to install Gnome 2.16
from the Q3 pkgsrc.  Just did a 'make' in that directory (did I need to
do a 'make install' afterward?  Got some errors when I did this).  Not
sure if this method worked (I can see Evolution is installed for
instance, but can find gdm).

Anyway, I'm going to reinstall NetBSD 3.1 again and was hoping someone
could point me in the right direction for installing Gnome from
binaries vs. building from source as this takes a couple of days on
the old machine I'm doing this on?

Thanks a lot!

--=20
Cheers,
Trey
----
=20
I'm proud to be paying taxes in the United States.  The only thing is
-- I could be just as proud for half the money.
		-- Arthur Godfrey
=20
Linux laptop 2.6.16.21-0.25-default i686 GNU/Linux
 10:51am  up 2 days 20:11,  5 users,  load average: 1.08, 0.81, 0.49