Subject: Re: I would like to be removed from the website
To: laura Frechette <a.sharks.best.friend@gmail.com>
From: Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/09/2006 11:02:28
laura Frechette wrote:
> When googling my name, I am directed to a website
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2006/07/17/0010.html
> that had a return e-mail I had over the summer.  This e-mail has my
> cell phone number on it, and I want it removed from the website ASAP.

That most likely isn't going to happen. What you and users like you NEED
to do, is simply read the text that goes along BEFORE you elect to put
yourself onto a mailing list.

In short - you are told that they will be archived, and be made to the
general public. Also, if memory serves right, you DO get a
warning/consent of sort before agreeing to subscribe.

If in doubt - go to the NetBSD site and read up on the text that allows
you to subscribe.

--
Best regards,
Chris

Just because your doctor has a name for your condition
doesn't mean he knows what it is.