Subject: Re: too many open files
To: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
From: Magnus Eriksson <magetoo@fastmail.fm>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/08/2006 18:45:37
On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Christian Biere wrote:

> You might still want to send a problem report to Opera because there's
> little reason for a browser to have more than 128 files open.

   Presumably, it's because of caching.  One sure way to tickle the error
messages is restarting with lots of windows and tabs open, so I'd guess
it's because Opera is trying to reload everything, from cache, at once.

   As far as I can tell, it's harmless though.

   Now, if someone can tell me how I can get the mail client working, on
the other hand...

MAgnus