Subject: Streaming Vs Downloading
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Andrew Ball <aball@students.prairiestate.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/07/2006 23:09:59
Hello Greg,

  GAW> I'd rather make the "recording" first, then play the
     > programme:

That's often true in my case.  At home and at work I have
the bandwidth but very little time to listen to my favorite
'podcasts', but in the car driving to work or to college I
have useful chunks of time, but no bandwidth.  I find it
useful to decouple the two steps of fetching and listening
and happily some of the best providers make their content
available in MP3 form.  I can see the attraction of
streaming audio and video, but I can't help thinking that it
should be optional.

- Andy Ball