Subject: Re: Chat?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/07/2006 06:50:40
On 12/7/06, Peter Bex <Peter.Bex@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 10:24:52AM +0100, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> > No, you only noticed that approx 0 people have interest in NetBSD/amd64
> > *binaries*.  I think the conclusion is that most amd64 users are building
> > releases from source themselves, as an average amd64 box is faster than an
> > average i386 box.
>
> Yeah, or perhaps the NetBSD user population doesn't use bittorrent as
> much as the Linux population.  There are so many ways to explain this
> data, it's pointless (as the original poster even said).
> There are three kinds of lies; lies, damned lies and statistics :)

I'm guilty of both.

I do build my own releases because it doesn't take that long on my
amd64 box, and I can get all the latest errata with it.

And when I do decide to get a cd image, I just download it from one of
the mirrors. I tried to use bit torrent when it was new-ish, and it
was disappointing. Maybe I should try it again. I know it's becoming
kind of anti-social to just download from ftp sites when torrent files
are available.

Andy