Subject: Re: My petty concerns about NetBSD
To: Przemys?aw Pawe?czyk <pp@kv.net.pl>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/07/2006 10:24:41
On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 02:24:23AM -0600, Przemys?aw Pawe?czyk wrote:
> Linux without Mplayer?!!! Can you hear the voices of outrage?

Which Linux distribution does actually include MPlayer? Fedora Core for
example does *not* include it. And if I can trust the results of
search engine on "packages.debian.org" Debian doesn't contain it either.

> I'd like to know, why I wasted so many hours which I could spent on my own
> NetBSD project?

That is a good question. In the time you spend sending e-mails to this
list you could have easly run a "make instal" in "pkgsrc/multimedia/mplayer"
and would have a package installed on your system in the meantime.

	Kind regards