Subject: Re: 1. Petition 2. Bounty
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/06/2006 14:45:05
On Dec 6, 2006, at 1:37 PM, Karim Forsthofer wrote:
> We have to go step by step. Why using the Nvidia driver, WHICH IS
> BUILT
> FOR FREEBSD on another Platform (NetBSD)??? . I don`t think the driver
> would be stable!!
>
> We have to ask the guys from Nvidia, they own the sourcecode, to
> build an
> offiical driver for netbsd. This is the way it works.

I believe the nVidia driver depends on support for the USER_LDT
kernel option (which I think NetBSD has), and that the %gs segment
register is preserved across signal handler traps.

I use NetBSD pretty much only with small appliance hardware (think
VIA EPIA or Soekris 45xx), so I don't have much need for GLX hardware
accel, but I wish you the best of luck getting better support...

--
-Chuck