Subject: Re: Petition for NetBSD Nvidia driver
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/06/2006 03:39:53
Evaldo Gardenali wrote:
> >It seems you need Fyrefawkz to load the site. No go with Links, neither with
> >nor without JavaScript. That seems a wee bit counter-productive for this kind
> >of petition.

> You don't need nvidia blob drivers to run links anyways...

I'm using Links with the GUI of course. Could everyone come back to HTML 4.x,
please?  Thank you very much.

> now if you run "Fyrefawkz" (sic), you would be killing for an "accelerated"
> (whatever...) driver.

What could the driver do for me? The performance issues of Fyrefawkz and
Mozarilla have nothing to do with X11 performance.

I could use H.264 accerelation because my CPU is not up to the task at 1024x768
or higher. I guess buying a new hotplate from AMD would solve this minor issue,
give an overall performance improvement and likely be cheaper than an NVidia
card that does not come with a Jet engine and has remotely acceptable picture
quality for use with a CRT.

--
Christian