Subject: Re: dma read modebits on Broadcom NICs
To: Joseph A. Dacuma <jadacuma@ched.gov.ph>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/05/2006 09:34:01
On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Joseph A. Dacuma wrote:
> I have servers here with Broadcom Gigabit NICs. Every time these machines
> boot this message appears on the console:
>
> dma read modebits: 0x     3fe
>
> Anyone on the list experiencing the same thing?

I always see the following with bge:
bge0: pcistate failed to revert

On some hardware this is followed by the modebits line above. Here's a
dmesg fragment:

bge0 at pci2 dev 4 function 0: Broadcom BCM5703X Gigabit Ethernet
bge0: interrupting at irq 22, event channel 7
bge0: ASIC BCM5703 A2 (0x1002), Ethernet address 00:02:55:b7:63:ff
brgphy0 at bge0 phy 1: BCM5703 1000BASE-T media interface, rev. 2

This happens on 3.1 and -current.

We use these machines in production and I'm not _aware_ of any problems,
but perhaps a bge meister could explain whether they are just
informational or something to be worried about.

--
Stephen