Subject: Re: VMware and NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brendon Costa <bcosta@avdat.com.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/27/2006 09:29:13
At work we use VMWare workstation running under Windows XP hosting i386
NetBSD (At home I use VMWare player on Windows XP 32 bit hosting hosted
NetBSD amd64).

We have been using this setup for a few years and have had no serious
issues. Something that may be helpful is a set of tools found at:

http://chitchat.at.infoseek.co.jp/vmware/index.html

These are released under an open source liscence (I have not checked to
see if they are in pkgsrc) and provide similar functionality to the
vmware tools. Since I had problems with ntpd keeping the clock in sync
(It fails to update the time when it varies too much from the time
server which occurs after pausing the virtual machine) I setup a cron
job that uses the above tools to sync the time with my host windows
machine.

Anyhow, I hope that can help a little.

Brendon.