Subject: Re: How to install NetBSD on Intel ICH8 ?
To: Thomas Feddersen <thomas.feddersen@t-online.de>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/25/2006 22:53:01
--h4FfhoHh9AMwLYAn

On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 08:57:38PM +0100, Thomas Feddersen wrote:
> Am 23.11.2006, 23:45 Uhr, schrieb Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>:
> >
> >I've built a release, it's available in
> >ftp://ftp-asim.lip6.fr/outgoing/bouyer/i386/
> >
> Thanks a lot for providing this fine release!
> The system installs fine and runs allright in idle or low load, but when =
I =20
> write a large stream of data to the disk(s), the system crashes. I have =
=20
> filed problem report kern/35120 in this respect.
> Seems ICH8 is not yet fully supported.
>=20
> Do you know, whether ICH8 support is planned for the NetBSD-4.0 release?

Your problem is not ICH8.  The issue is the integrated graphic adapter
that kind of steals a part of the main memory but NetBSD doesn't know
about it.  There should be a setting in the BIOS about that.  Not that
it necessarily solves the issue, but it's a start.

--=20
"You could have made it, spitting out benchmarks
Owe it to yourself not to fail"
Amplifico, Spitting Out Benchmarks, Hometakes Vol. 2, 2005.

--h4FfhoHh9AMwLYAn

--h4FfhoHh9AMwLYAn--