Subject: Re: Intel 5000P/V chipset
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Viktor Holmlund <viktor@netbsd.se>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/20/2006 13:28:31
> On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 10:48:17AM +0100, Viktor Holmlund wrote:
>> Hi hello,
>>
>> Does NetBSD supports the new Intel(5000P/V) chipset?
>
> In fact, ftp.netbsd.org has that chipset.  It works very well.
Oh, that seems good!
What is the specification of the server that provide ftp.netbsd.org?
We behind NetBSD.se are going to buy new machines (one of them a CVSserver
- the new anoncvs.se.netbsd.org)), and we would really like to have some
tips=) Of course it must run NetBSD.

> You will need NetBSD-current to get support for the onboard gigabit
> ethernet on most machines with the 5000 chipset; support for this will
> also be in NetBSD 4.0 when it is released.
Ok, do you know if NetBSD 4.0 will be relesed before Feb 2007?

> --
> Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls@rek.tjls.com
>   "The liberties...lose much of their value whenever those who have
> greater
>    private means are permitted to use their advantages to control the
> course
>    of public debate."					-John Rawls

Thanks,

Viktor Holmlund