Subject: Re: and shell scripts
To: None <,>
From: Zafer Aydogan <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/18/2006 20:34:31
2006/11/18, Peter Bex <>:
> On Sat, Nov 18, 2006 at 05:16:16PM +0100, Jan Danielsson wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> >    I thought I'd upload a script I have written to the wiki. I doubt the
> > script will be considered as a "must have" by anyone, but it could,
> > however, be used as reference code for beginners (such as myself).
> >
> >    But I can't find a good place to inserting shell scripts, and since I
> > don't know much about wiki, I don't feel like just stepping in and
> > trying to create a section for them either.
> >
> >    Pointers, anyone?
> How about ?
> If you have a wiki-specific question, you can always just
> ask it on the wiki's "discussion" pages.
> I suppose Zafer could put it up on the front page, since it's
> a pretty useful page for most people, and it's pretty hard to
> find.

I was thinking about removing the Shell-Hacks Article. I don't think
"shell scripts" belong primarily into a wiki and it would be hard to
collect and track them. I think personal shell scripts could be added
to the user profile.
"My name is ... and this is one of my shell scripts."
Then a category could sum up the the scripts.