Subject: Re: OpenLDAP: slapd bus error on amd64
To: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
From: matthew sporleder <msporleder@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/16/2006 10:47:13
On 11/16/06, Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be> wrote:
> Anyone else having this problem with OpenLDAP on NetBSD/amd64?
>
> http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/Incoming?id=4675
>
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 07:15:05PM +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> > I'm running OpenLDAP 2.3.27 (latest stable release) on NetBSD 3.1 (latest
> > stable release) on x86_64 (amd64), using a default slapd.conf file.  Backend
> > is BDB 4.4.20 (latest stable release).
> >
> > When running "ldapsearch -b dc=mydomain,dc=be mail=myuser@mydomain.tld
> > maildrop" (where dc=mydomain,dc=tld is the rootdn), everything is fine.
> > However when I do the same search in a subtree (where the looked up object
> > is actually located), e.g.  "ldapsearch -b ou=hosting,dc=mydomain,dc=tld
> > mail=myuser@mydomain.tld maildrop", slapd returns an answer and then crashes
> > (bus error) every time.  This does not happen when I search in the rootdn,
> > or in a non-existing subtree.  It does happen when I search for a
> > non-existing object in an existing subtree.
>
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 11:33:23AM +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> > The problem goes away if I bump my stacksize ulimit.  I'll use that as a
> > workaround for now.

Can you ktrace it and see what's happening with the process?  openldap
does a lot of processing for different types of searches (i.e. it will
interpret the search first, and then execute it), so you'll get a
better idea with high tracing of what search is actually getting
executed.  Also turn on all debugging with openldap.

Do you get a core?