Subject: azalia(4) outputs "boost" option--what does it do?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/14/2006 20:07:22
$ mixerctl -av | grep boost
outputs.green0a.boost=on  [ off on ]
outputs.green0d.boost=on  [ off on ]

I have tried toggling these, and it doesn't seem to do anything.  What
is this supposed to do?  Intuitively it seems as if it's supposed to
be some sort of gain adjustment or ``loudness'' feature, but I cannot
perceive a change when I toggle it.

Does this mean that my hardware is lacking something, the driver is
having problems talking to it, or both? ;)

I'd also like to know what the purpose of the "other" sources are,
what the other two DACs I have do--since only dac02 seems to be
used--what the outputs "eapd" option is, or anything else about all
these seemingly undocumented mixerctl options.

Regards,

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!

<http://www.wfmu.org/>
91.1 FM Jersey City, NJ
90.1 FM Mt. Hope, NY

"The Reggae Schoolroom":