Subject: Re: Problems with NetBSD Live! 2007 (live-CD)
To: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
From: Lubomir Kundrak <lkundrak@redhat.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/14/2006 18:10:14
On Po, 2006-11-13 at 02:07 +0100, Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:
> I was unable to successfully boot the system trying "generic" and "acpi"
> kernels (I gave up, and didn't try any other). After the GUSPnP recognition
> finally the system said:
>
> #v+
>   uvm_fault(0xc0924e20, 0x40000, 1) -> 0xe
>   fatal page fault in supervisor mode
>   trap type 6 code 0 eip c02b69ec cs8 eflags 10246 cr2 400c4 idevel e
>   panic: trap
> #v-
>
> And then the "usual" in such situation messages: "The system has been
> halted", "Press any key to reboot".

You don't get into DDB? Then please boot distribution GENERIC kernel
(get latest build, see http://releng.netbsd.org/) and if you manage to
reproduce the bug, do a backtrace after the panic. This might give you
more clue about which driver is guilty.

Then, get into userconf(4) by passing -c paramerer to the kernel and
disable the suspected driver and see if things work.