Subject: Problems with NetBSD Live! 2007 (live-CD)
To: None <>
From: Zbigniew Baniewski <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/13/2006 02:07:37
I'm not sure, to whom it should be directed, so I'm posting my comment here
- perhaps someone will direct it to the persons involved:

At OSNews there is a note about new live-CD availability
( ) - I took the iso image,
but, unfortunately, it does need some improvement.

I was unable to successfully boot the system trying "generic" and "acpi"
kernels (I gave up, and didn't try any other). After the GUSPnP recognition
finally the system said:

  uvm_fault(0xc0924e20, 0x40000, 1) -> 0xe
  fatal page fault in supervisor mode
  trap type 6 code 0 eip c02b69ec cs8 eflags 10246 cr2 400c4 idevel e
  panic: trap

And then the "usual" in such situation messages: "The system has been
halted", "Press any key to reboot".

The old live-CD with NetBSD 2.0 works just fine.
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski