Subject: Re: installing onto a soekris box?
To: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
From: Adrian Christiansen <adrian.christiansen@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/26/2006 10:02:52
Hi Hello

There's two ways of doing it (or more?).
One way is to install NetBSD onto a compact flash card and then more
it over to the Soekris, at least I think that's the way from what I
found on the Internet. (Now, the Internet is full of faulty things,
this may not be true... but in theory, it could work.)
And the most common method seems to be to NetBOOT the Soekris, I found
an entry about it in the soekris mailing-list:
http://lists.soekris.com/pipermail/soekris-tech/2004-December/007244.html

There's a good guide on NetBSD.org about how to set up host's for use
in an disk less environment (like when NetBOOTing a machine), so you
should have everything you need. (
http://netbsd.org/Documentation/network/netboot/ )

Soekris is an i386 based machine, so you should ask in the port-i386
list in the future, I found some entries in that list, so I'm sure
they are willing to help:)

Good luck and have fun with your Soekris!