Subject: unison/ulimit - out of memory
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.m.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/24/2006 19:49:02
update files which have been modified.

   I'm having a problem though. When I run unison on my XP system (to
sync with my NetBSD system), it runs for a while, but then suddenly
stops with an "Out of memory" error.

   I asked about this problem on the unison mailing lists, and I got the
obvious answer: "Some system is running out of memory, find out which". :=
-)

   It doesn't seem like the source system (the XP machine) is consuming
any memory worth mentioning. But when I run "top" on my NetBSD system I
can see that the unison process begins allocating more and more memory,
until it finally stops, and the XP system reports the "Out of
memory"-error. By that point it has allocated somewhere over 100MB of RAM=
=2E

   This system has 2GB physical RAM, so it's not running out of actual
(physical) memory.

   How can I increase the amount of memory an application can allocate?
(I assume this is why the program fails).

--=20
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson

--------------enigE44D021350494E6F7C055A8B