Subject: pcn interfac under vmware issue?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/20/2006 17:21:09
Has anyone experienced a similar 3.x behavior under vmware that results in
vmware dumping core?  It seems to be related to if_pcn and how vmware
emulates it.  Because of the nature of the environment, I can't get/catch
core inside NetBSD.

Oct 20 15:15:14: vcpu-0| NOT_IMPLEMENTED
/build/mts/release/bora-29996/pompeii2005/bora/devices/net/vlance_shared.c:6
98

While I understand that citing a vmware server line of logging is likely
useless on this list, I'm curious if others have come across it too?

The if_pcn.c on 3.x is 1.25 and it's been changed in 1.32 (-current) but I
don't see any of the changes as being attributed to this situation.

Ideas?

peter