Subject: RE: Intel Core 2 Duo support?
To: Raymond Meyer <raymond.meyer@rambler.ru>
From: Charles L. Nelson <charles@embsyspro.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/13/2006 07:20:38
Hi Raymond,
You may have already received an answer to your question, but ICH in Intel
parlance stands for "I/O Controller Hub" and it is part of the chipset that
supports a particular microprocessor motherboard implementation.  There are
MANY Intel chipsets and MANY ICH variations but below is a link to the Intel
Q965 / Q963 Express Chipsets for use with the Intel Core 2 Duo processors.
(It is not the only choice)

http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/q965_q963/index.htm

I am not very familiar with XEN, but it sounds like XEN recognizes the
chipset and correctly controls how processes executing within XEN's virtual
environment are allowed I/O accesses to/through the chipset.

Hope this helps...

CLN