Subject: Re: pkg_select defective?
To: Pavel Cahyna <pavel.cahyna@matfyz.cz>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.m.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/04/2006 00:38:58
--------------enig4ABBD8311697846DA233F069

Pavel Cahyna wrote:
>>> Change "vt220" to "wsvt25" in /etc/ttys and mc will work better.
>>>
>>> (it is not done by default because, I believe, when you log to some o=
ther
>>> system from NetBSD via telnet or ssh, the remote system won't usually=
 know
>>> anything about wsvt25 but probably will know vt220.)
>>    Thanks for the tip; I'm just going to try to find out what that
>> modification actually means before I do it. :-)
>=20
> It will just change the TERM variable (which gets set when you log in).=
=20
> Of course you can just do TERM=3Dwsvt25 to see what it does.

   That was an interesting exercise.

   mc won't run, it says:

Unknown terminal: wsvt25

   ...and tells me to check my TERM variable.

   pkg_select takes a dump instantly.

   The fact that you so calmly suggest I use wsvt25, and how my NetBSD
seems to be kicking and screaming about that same TERM variable makes me
feel a sensation some people would call "panic"[1]. Is there something
seriously broken about my installation?

   [1] I call it Status Quo

--=20
Kind regards,