Subject: Re: play DVD on netbsd
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/02/2006 10:09:13
Rick Kelly wrote:
> >Yes, try xine, mplayer or some other program like these.
>
> I had one movie playing one time with  ogle. Can't get shared
> memory to play another. Looks like I have to reboot to play
> another movie.
>
> Bogus. Windows 95

See ipcs(1) and ipcrm(1). Some programs are buggy or just crash
and then leave their shared memory around. Albeit I'm not sure
what it would use that for. Xv (XVideo) should give much better
performance than X11 shared memory - if that's what it's used
for.

Usually MPlayer is the no. 1 choice for NetBSD but it might not
be the best option for DVD playback. There's also multimedia/vlc
in pkgsrc.

--
Christian