Subject: UniChrome success & mplayer question
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org, netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.m.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/25/2006 01:13:14
--------------enig311697846DA233F069EE8F1C

Hello all,

   In case anyone cares: I got the OpenChrome driver working with x.org
on my NetBSD/amd64 3.0 system.

   Obviously, just building it didn't work. I had to hard code some
paths in some of the source files (like the path to drm.h). Anyway, I
have been running it for a few days now without any problems.

   Just a question about mplayer, though.. When I run it without any
options, it crashes. When I start mplayer with "-vo sdl" it works. I
don't mind running it through SDL, but I feel that I shouldn't need to.

   When I don't specify any vo-driver it states that it is using the
"xv" driver (before it crashes). Although I have managed to get the
UniChrome driver working, I never got "libxvmc" built. I am guessing
that the lack of the xvmc driver is causing the mplayer crash. Is that a
probable explanation?

--=20
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson