Subject: Re: U3 flash disks on NetBSD?
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/18/2006 15:38:35
--=-=-=

A friend has a 4 GB cruzer, and it attaches with a cdrom as well.  The
U3 propaganda on their website implies that by removing the U3
software one can get the space back.  So I suspect, but don't know,
that there's some nonstandard interface to write those bits and to
allocate space for 'cdrom'.  AFAICT the whole point of a cdrom is to
cause autorun to install the software without the user's consent, or
perhaps to protect it from accidential deletion.

It would be cool to be able to have NetBSD install CD on the cruzer,
but given that one can boot from ffs just fine I'm not sure it would
be all that useful

=2D-=20

    Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>

--=-=-=