Subject: Re: Tape trouble
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Mats <netbsd@comhem.se>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/16/2006 22:28:39
On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 05:53:22AM -0700, Andy Ruhl wrote:
> That's a device driver problem for that particular drive, probably.
>
> What does the dmesg report about this drive? What type of drive is it?

The essential part of dmesg says like this -
------------------------------
Kernelized RAIDframe activated
scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
atapibus0 at atabus2: 2 targets
st0 at atapibus0 drive 0: <Seagate STT20000A, , 8A51> tape removable
st0: drive empty
st0: 32-bit data port
st0: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2
st0(viaide1:0:0): using PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2 (using DMA)
atapibus1 at atabus3: 2 targets
I will take a look att the bios also and see if I can get some
clue from there.

/Regards