Subject: Re: wlan pci card for host-ap
To: Christopher Beck <coffeinkonsumierer@arcor.de>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/12/2006 16:53:24
On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 12:12:33PM +0200, Christopher Beck wrote:
> Dieter Baron wrote:
> >hi,
> >
> >can anyone recommend a pci wlan card for use in a NetBSD-based host
> >access point?  The last two cards I bought (which the man page claimed
> >were supported) were not recognized by NetBSD -- they were newer
> >revisions with a different chip.
> >
> >  I'm at a complete loss as to how to find a card that really does
> >work with NetBSD.  Any pointers to actually working cards greatly
> >appreciated (please include revision/version information!)
> >
> Look at Netgear ma311. It is a Prism PCI card. Its an old one, but it
> works. Otherwise i remember reading a vendor name on the OpenBSD site
> long time ago...

  That was one of the two cards I bought.  It was revision 3, I think,
and was not based on a Prism chip (earlier revisions were).

  The other was a Netgear WG311 v3.  Earlier versions are based on
Atheros, but v3 is based on a Marvell Libertas 88W8335.

  That is why I asked for specific revisions that are known to work.

						yours,
						dillo