Subject: Re: The future of NetBSD
To: None <,,>
From: Oliver Fromme <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/11/2006 12:11:15
Thorsten Glaser wrote:
 > Marc G. Fournier dixit:
 > > And what I'm learning with is that there are more then just those
 > > four ... GNU/kFreeBSD is reporting
 > Now _that_'s funny ;)

Yes, indeed.  Some people are really wasting their time.

 > > are there any others?
 > DragonFly

Is already included on

 > DesktopBSD

Those two aren't separate operating systems, but rather
FreeBSD with a custom GUI on top (live-FS / installer).
They shouldn't be counted separately.

 > [...]
 > picoBSD
 > nanoBSD
 > The latter three are probably just stripped-down versions of
 > the bigger ones.

True.  It could be argued whether they should be counted
separately.  Personally I don't think they should.  The
"big ones" are clearly DragonFly, Free-, Net- and OpenBSD.

Best regards

Dienstleistungen mit Schwerpunkt FreeBSD:

cat man du : where Unix geeks go when they die