Subject: Re: "New" NetBSD MBR boot documentation and recovery?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thrashbarg <thrashbarg@kaput.homeunix.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/08/2006 22:05:38
On all of my machines I get the countdown timer on the terminals and
what you describe on the VGA displays when I have one plugged in. It
sound's like the console isn't set for the BIOS.

Try this on your install:

installboot -v -o console=pc /dev/rwd0a /usr/mdec/bootxx_ffsv1

assuming /dev/rwd0a is your boot partition.