Subject: Re: GUI installer
To: Milos Negovanovic <milos.negovanovic@googlemail.com>
From: Magnus Eriksson <magetoo@fastmail.fm>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/07/2006 22:43:44
On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, Milos Negovanovic wrote:

> I have been playing around with making GUI remote installer for NetBSD
> last few months:
>
> http://milosn.no-ip.org/projects/ofinst

   I haven't done anything more than looking at the screenshots - but it
looks good.  :-)

   What are the requirements for the "server" part?

> Its basically custom live CD with NetBSD 4 BETA build from releng. Any
> suggestions re improving it are welcome.

   Are you aware of the bsdinstaller.org project, and do you think there's
anything to gain from working together?

   Being able to automate a DragonFly install to such a large degree seems
like a Really Nice feature.  (Create config file, save config to USB
stick, insert USB stick in target, boot LiveCD on target, twiddle thumbs,
done.)

MAgnus