Subject: Re: The future of NetBSD
To: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@riscworks.net>
From: Peter Hessler <phessler@theapt.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/06/2006 01:09:13
On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 09:47:32 +0200
Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@riscworks.net> wrote:

: > Hi All!
: >
: > I agree totally with Mr. Peereboom. IMHO, BLOBS are not sustainable
: > in the long run. If a manufacturer decides to retire a particular
: > model (driver support included) while OS keeps on releasing newer
: > versions (which include changes in the design and/or how things are
: > implemented) one will be facing two scenarios: stasis or an
: > unstable system. Both I believe is distasteful.
:
: definitely. but on the other hand there's 15 minutes of fame if you
: support a device (using a blob) today -- as others won't support it.

If you want 15 minutes of fame, go rob a liquor store.

--
One thing the inventors can't seem to get the bugs out of
is fresh paint.