Subject: Re: Repairing the damage (was Re: History of the NetBSD Foundation)
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@riscworks.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/06/2006 00:06:59
thus Martin Husemann spake:
> On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 09:45:46PM +0200, Timo Schoeler wrote:
>> So what secret contract did TNF sign with Wasabi
>
> There is no secret (nor any public) contract between TNF and wasabi.
> You are trying very hard to misinterpret my words.
>
>> As Martin already pointed out, "not all developers involved."
>
> Sigh. You stripped the context. Third parties often prefer to sign a single
> contract with TNF instead of lots of contracts with each individual
> developer (all over the world) involved. Standard business procedure.
>
> Martin

so publish the contracts. all of them, with all details, including what
NDAs had to be agreed to. let's get some sunshine on this process. you
said there are no agreements with Wasabi. who, then?

why is TNF making business deals on behalf of developers? this is an
open-source free operating system that exists for itself, not TNF. the
user community doesn't want to be doing bug reporting and beta testing
for corporate interests. "Standard business procedure?"  when did NetBSD
become a business operation?  it used to be a non-profit organization.
who said we wanted to be the Fedora to TNF's Redhat?

TNF appears to have figured out how to get 400 developers do "third
party" work for free.

wbr,

--
Timo Schoeler | http://riscworks.net/~tis | timo.schoeler@riscworks.net
RISCworks -- Perfection is a powerful message

Frankie says: Relax