Subject: Re: The NetBSD developers agreement
To: None <netbsdgeek@gmail.com>
From: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@riscworks.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/04/2006 22:21:27
thus Gratian Irimia spake:
> Conclusions:
>
> 1) Flame wars across 3 mailing lists

discussion != flame wars.

> 2) (Supposed to be) intellectual contradictions are now public
> humiliation (i.e.: arshole). Charles, with all my respects for you, I
> (and maybe we) have big expectations from you.
>
> 3) We are not helping The NetBSD project with anything. We just
> managed to hurt NetBSD's image, and its developers/board image.

NetBSD hurts its image itself because there's nobody that can prove that
the reproaches are *not* true.

this led to an ongoing discussion and (semi-)insulting posts from both
parties, the party that thinks Mr. Hannum is right, and that party that
thinks the opposite. either way, the latter one screams louder but
produces much more hot air -- without delivering the proof that Mr.
Hannums reproaches are not true. (maybe it cannot be proved because they
are true?)

> 4) The only good think: A nice and useful lecture about NetBSD's history
>
> The story, is now, at the point of irrelevance.

i don't see irrelevance in death struggle.

timo