Subject: Re: sysinst translations needed
To: anders@kommandoraden.info, Peter Ibsen Hansen <pih@xbase.dk>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/04/2006 15:19:43
On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, anders@kommandoraden.info wrote:
> I gather that this is for 4.0.

No, the work should be done with sources from netbsd-current.
they can then be pulled to the netbsd-4 branche.

> I'd like to do a Swedish translation.
> I haven't done this before, so if it's more complicated than peeking at how
> you have done the German translation and mimicking your work, please  send me
> a link (haven't found any) or a simple instruction.

Well, copy e.g. the english files (msg.*.en) and translate them.
Then look at the related menus.* files and see where changes need to be
made, similar for the *.c files.

See that sysinst compiles.

For testing, use vnconfig to setup vnd0, and when you run sysinst, it will
offer you installation on vnd0. Do that to go through all the screens and
all the possibilities to see if there is something wrong with the text
or formatting.

Send me any changes ("cvs diff -u") and new files.

Use tech-install@ for communication.

  - Hubert