Subject: Re: file system format for large, shared, removable USB disk
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: didier gaumet <didier.gaumet@libertysurf.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/03/2006 08:41:19
Le Sat, 02 Sep 2006 15:26:41 -0400, Steven M. Bellovin a écrit :

> I need to buy a large external hard drive that needs to work with both
> NetBSD 3.0.1 and Linux, read-write.  What are good choices for the file
> system?  Is our ext2 read-write support good enough?  What is the largest
> file system I can create that way?

Hi,

I think read+write access to FFSv1 is now supported under GNU/Linux (type
ufs, ufstype 44bsd).

An outdated introduction is here (chapter 5.1):
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/Linux+FreeBSD

Unfortunately I have not tested it and could not
provide you any information about performance and reliability ou even
usability.

Didier.