Subject: Re: Final plug for extra utilities
To: None <>
From: Gary Duzan <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/02/2006 03:16:36
In article <>,
Steven M. Bellovin <> wrote:
=>On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 22:06:05 -0400, "matthew sporleder"
=><> wrote:
=>> >
=>> > userppp:
=>> >     This is really the ifconfig and dhclient of the dialup/pppoe world.
=>> >     The first and most basic task in setting up a NetBSD box is to get
=>> >     it connected to the Internet. This package makes it possible and
=>> >     fast not matter what means are available.
=>> I agree with this.
=>What's wrong with the kernel ppp?  No pppoe?

   That can't be it. See pppoe(4), pppoectl(8). I was using it a
couple years ago when I had DSL. It isn't necessarily the easiest
thing to use, though, and I don't remember if sysinst includes an
option to set it up.

					Gary Duzan