Subject: Re: The future of NetBSD
To: Harpalus a Como <harpalus.como@gmail.com>
From: Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@freebsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/31/2006 11:02:44
On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Harpalus a Como wrote:

> I'm just a lurker on the OpenBSD list, but I think Charles is right about
> Linux. The code is better then people give it credit for, and considering
> it's vast popularity and what all it's accomplished, the "bazaar" model has
> worked wonders. I'm not advocating Linux, I'm just pointing out that
> considering where Linux is, where it's headed, who all is backing it, I
> really don't see it stagnating or dying anytime soon.
>
> If I'm correct, that's also what Charles thinks NetBSD needs among other
> things, to look at their model for inspiration. I agree.

Just a stupid comment, but ... Linux is one kernel, multiple distributions
... BSD is, what, 4 kernels now?  If we worked more together instead of as
seperate camps, it might make things a bit easier, no?

Put together a *BSD "core" ... representative from each camp and try and
steer the *kernel* itself towards a more common BSD ...