Subject: Re: kernel RAM disk image with sshd
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/30/2006 13:10:35
On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 05:38:58PM +0300, Mikolaj Golub wrote:
>I have written simple script that creates modified NetBSD (i386) install
>kernel with network startup script and sshd daemon on RAM disk.
>
>http://inec.kharkov.com/~golub/netbsd/mkupkern/
>
>The main purpose for writing this script was educational -- I just try to
>understand how netbsd build system works. But the script may appear to be
>useful in some cases, for example, to create install image for
>upgrading/installing NetBSD system via network. This addresses #install/13746
>in some way.

That sounds really good, maybe the folks at http://www.bsdinstaller.org/
are interested in it too; I know this spring Scott expressed an interest
in supporting NetBSD, but I'm not sure if any core members are involved.

it may also help with a pair of install issues I'm working on,
port-amd64/34259 install/34280

Thanks,
// George