Subject: Re: [Semi-OT] Sharing files with Windows
To: Brian de Alwis <bsd@cs.ubc.ca>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/27/2006 23:28:57
On Sun, 27 Aug 2006, Brian de Alwis wrote:

> I wonder if you could do the opposite, and boot Windows from NetBSD
> using qemu?

 	Yes, but your qemu machine will not be anything like your real
 	hardware so Windows will be somewhat unhappy. I have a separate
 	Windows install in a 4GB file for qemu Windows usage.

 	If you want to prove a (rather useless) point, you _can_
 	boot NetBSD, run qemu and boot your NetBSD partition again
 	(running with snapshot so the new instance doesn't overwrite
 	the original filesystem). Then in that NetBSD you can run
 	qemu a second time, in which you can boot NetBSD a third
 	time, and...