Subject: Re: USB->IrDA adapter
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy Tregunna <jtregunna@blurgle.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/25/2006 15:36:32
On 06-08-25, at 05:50, Quentin Garnier wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 03:17:32AM -0400, Jeremy Tregunna wrote:
>> I recently purchased a Kingston USB->IrDA adapter for use with
>> another device I own here, and NetBSD sees it as a ugen(4) device. I
>
> ... which means it is not recognised by the uirda driver.

Figured as much.

> Please give usbdevs -v output.  But if doesn't expose itself as an
> IrDA
> device I wouldn't have much hope.  FWIW, the Linux drivers doesn't
> match
> any device our uirda(4) doesn't.

usbdevs -v output follows:

Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
Intel(0x8086), rev 1.00
port 1 addr 2: full speed, self powered, config 1, USB Mass Storage
Device(0x0701), Genesyslogic(0x05e3), rev 0.02
port 2 addr 3: low speed, power 100 mA, config 1, USB to IRDA
(0x4959), Kingsun CO.(0x07d0), rev 1.00

Perhaps I might be able to find specifications for this device and
patch uirda(4); that's probably my only hope at this moment short of
buying another USB->IrDA device?

--
Jeremy Tregunna
jtregunna@blurgle.ca